Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy Wisdom Day

Cheers to another birthday celebration! Yesterday marked my 29th (eeeek, last year of the twenties)!!! But instead of focusing on the years I've gathered, here's a few "How To's" I've learned in my growing years...

How to be grateful: it's ok to not have everything. Be appreciative for what you DO have.

How to be more patient: although it's an ongoing battle as parents, I continue to practice being more patient by breeeaaatthhhiinnnggggg and assessing the situation. Don't be impulsive and let anger or frustration cloud your vision on what needs to be said/done. 

How to be happy: it took me awhile to understand that this is 100% in our OWN hands. Only YOU can make YOU happy. There are things around us that increase that joy, but true happiness begins inside... and only YOU can control its presence. 

How to accept change: as we grow up, everything around us changes; whether it's the city, the lifestyle, or the people. For me it's mainly been people. I have learned (and beginning to accept the fact) that people change... friendships change... and that's ok. It doesn't have to be good or bad. It just is what it is.

How to NOT allow negativity in my life: again this is something completely in your control. If I don't feel that something is helping me grow - just weighing me down or making me feel blah - then I let it go. Move on.

How to stop and pause: this is probably the most challenging, because I feel I'm always on the go! Even if I'm at home, I never stop moving... cleaning, laundry, picking up toys, changing diapers, or just keeping two kids pleasantly happy throughout the day. But through the hustle and bustle I realize my children are growing at a rapid pace and I can't let a "busy life" get in the way of enjoying it... so I have to make myself STOP and slow down. 

How to give it all to Him: this area of growth has been by far my most proud accomplishment. To put it bluntly, I am a worry wart and with everything I think "what if", especially with my children. The anxiety level is unreal. But as I began building a stronger relationship with Christ, I realized how much more relaxed I become when I remind myself that He is in control and He will not fail us. My constant reminder is ... "to worry, means to not trust God." And under all circumstances, I DO! So I have learned to stop, pray, and give all my worries to Him. :)

There's been a lot of obvious growth in my last 29 years, but more so in the last 4. My perspective on what's important has changed tremendously and that's a result of life experiences. Life challenges us in many ways - sometimes to a point where it can feel damaging - but how we choose to handle it determines the end result. I chose to learn and GROW.

Can't wait to see what this next year has in store...

A special thanks to my dear friend, Tammy, for my new planner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment