Monday, December 29, 2014

One.

With the reality of having a five - and a half - year old, I'm very much aware of how time flies. However, there are moments that still make it hard to believe JUST how fast it passes... aka our son had his first birthday this weekend. {{ Waaaaahhhh }}.

Amongst the after-Christmas chaos, we managed to get a nice little party together. The theme was "Cute as a Button" because let's just face it, he sort of is {says the bias mommy} but with time against me, I had to dig deep and find my inner Martha/Betty to whip up some crafts and sweet desserts.
And then it was party time! Here are a few highlights of the day. Photo credit goes to my sister-in-law and my cousin, because this gal was running around like a madwoman = mommy/host life.
One quick photo before the destruction began.
And then it was time to strip down to the diaper!
Excuse my face. The picture was taken mid-laugh because Mr. B kept swatting at the cake in my hands... he was ready! 

Although, he needed to feel the waters first.
He then got the hang of it.
And the damage was done.
What a day! We couldn't have been more pleased with how it all came together, and the pleasure of celebrating with our friends and family. 

And a very special thank you to this sweet face for being a big helper... and showing her brother "how to share his toys". Hehe ;) 
My heart is full when I sit back and reflect on these memories. I'm continuously amazed how God works and puts it all together. He is GOOD, and we are grateful.

Birthday number ONE, complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment