Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sweet Potato Chips

Well it's been awhile since I've been here!! Missed my "2 Year blog-anniversary" and all. Life's been just shy of a little crazy ------ tired of that excuse yet?? My apologies. While it was on my mind I hadn't posted in awhile, I dove into a new recipe and thought to share the glory! Ha. 

I'm not a huge chip fan and can usually go without them on any occasion, but THIS was fun for the fam and great when you just want a little crunch on the menu. And let me just tell you the celebration I had when discovering they were much simpler than expected! *happy dance* ....these are also easier with a mandolin if you have one, but if you don't you'll manage! Just get them as evenly thin as possible. 

Sweet Potato Chips
1 Sweet Potato, peeled
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Rosemary leaves, diced
dash of sea salt

Preheat over 425 degrees.

Cut sweet potato into 1/8 in thick. Place the slices on a foiled baking sheet, drizzle the olive oil, add Rosemary and salt. 
Bake for 15-18 mins! Yes that time is random, but those last two or three minutes were crucial in my own oven. Just keep an eye on them after 15 mins, because it won't take too long for them to burn ..... let them cool before serving. They'll become a little crisp after they cool down! 

Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment