Thursday, March 28, 2013

Espresso yourself... [a coffee confession]

...the caffeine? ...the taste? ...the aroma?

All of the above would be suitable reasons why I love desire this popular morning beverage. Although, for meit would be ...
Check mark symbol morning  Check mark symbol afternoon  Check mark symbol evening
Now, I'm not talking caffeine overload - only necessary in the morning, to avoid my inner Oscar-the-Grouch. Decaf is certainly my alternative for those afternoon/evening cravings. 

Dependency on any kind of caffeine stimulant is not ideal, and avoiding it at all costs was a lifestyle choice many years ago. Now? ...it seems I can't live without it. Well, at least a little bit. Restraining from this addictive beverage is something I'm beginning to consider, given our future plans for a 2nd pregnancy. This could be a tough challenge! Although, it's comforting to know (credit: WebMD) caffeine withdrawal is possible without severe effects. Luckily, my intake of caffeine is not excessive. 

The MOST challenging part of it... is the creamer!! 
Decisions! Decisions!

My everyday, go-to creamer, is the sugar free Delight French Vanilla. Every now and then, the hubs and I will experiment and try something exotic. Although, one of the most anticipated days of the year (secondary to Christmas, of course) is...

...the Starbucks announcement of their seasonal Peppermint Mocha!! Mmmmm. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.


Of course, until that glorious time of year, I often opt for the generic (yet, still tasteful) Coffee-Mate "Peppermint Mocha". Trust my taste buds! I have tried different brands, but this one takes the cake!



Lastly, I am a guaranteed sucker for a nice café. I'm talking:

...but, given the reality that I do not live remotely close to a real café in France, I'll take a Starbucks (or the local Coffee Crossing) table outdoors in the sunshine. 


Regardless of my surroundings, I'll never refuse a good cup of joe - which by the way, has two interesting theories regarding the history of its term.
 

Check it out, here.


So, there's my confession. Was it a serious one? No. However, it is something that needs restraint. In the meantime, the hubs would be happy to know:

Haha.

Love to you all!! Hope you have a blessed day!! :)


Follow on Bloglovin
photo credit: 1 2 3 4 5

No comments:

Post a Comment