Tuesday, March 26, 2013

There, Their, They're...

THEY ARE not the same.

These are three of the most commonly misused words in the English dictionary - which no one takes time to review before publicly posting their thoughts or opinions. Among them: your, you're, its, it's, past, passed... the list goes on. 

It isn't required that we know the accurate definition of such words, but it is suggested we take time to learn the difference of where they belong in a sentence. 

Is that wrong?

At some point, I feel as though I'm just a lonely perfectionist, who nitpicks everything. 

Then, I stumble upon this beauty:
...nice to know there are people out there who think like me.

Now, most of you reading this are probably thinking, "I know the difference, I just don't care." or "...don't care to correct myself." In that case, there's hardly an argument. Personally, I will delete and retype - over and over - until it is correct! Proof read? You better believe it! I'll also *** with corrections (my text buddies know this well) if I misspell a word, or if auto-correct thinks it's better at that game than me, filling in what it THINKS I meant to say...


This leads me to my last, and final, thought... 

Although, we can't change the way people speak... there SHOULD be a law against "text grammar". 
For example:
 Really ..."L8"? When did English become a game of BINGO?

If you are, indeed, a text grammar participant, well... (as the saying goes) live and let live. I'm not here to place judgement - this is a happy, welcoming blog to all readers - but it is a frustrating ordeal I do not often tolerate. Lol <-- why not.

There is no solution to this matter; no one is perfect. I may call myself a perfectionist, but I am FAR from "perfect". My post was merely to share an opinion. If you agree (or even disagree), feel free to share your thoughts!! 

In the meantime, I'll leave you with one more humorous photo. 

Good day to you all!!

Looks like it! 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment