Monday, August 26, 2013

Bibs, Brew, Burgers & Blue

So I found my facebook status cute enough, I decided to use it as today's blog post title! Don't judge me... it's perfectly appropriate given the weekend was filled with such adventures. The hubs and I took a trip up to our old memorable city... Indianapolis. My parents being season ticket holders, they kindly allowed hubby and I to venture up for a date night cheering on the Colts!!!
Given the growing size of my belly, I was unable to rock my normal Colts gear... but I was still representing some blue, no doubt. Once we arrived to the city, we parked in Circle Center Mall and treated ourselves to some retail therapy... for Audriana. Ha! That's how we dos-it these days. Walk into H&M and come out with a bag full of 4yr old merchandise. It certainly decreases buyer's remorse! She's always worth it.

Speaking of shopping for youngsters, I couldn't help myself when I saw this in the Pro Shop!!!!
Although, I did not purchase anything at the time, I was certainly in awe at the sight of all the tiny gear. Audriana had her first set of Colts attire when she was around a year old... thanks to Pop & GiGi. So there is no doubt, this baby will be set and ready to go at some point! I'm anxious to see how big this little guy/girl is gonna be first... 
So moving on into the day! We finished up at the mall, and headed down a block or two (or three, depending on hub's directions - not complaining, though, it was a beautiful day for a nice stroll) .. on to grab some food. The location was ideal for a nice spring/summer/fall day!!! Regrettably, I did not snag a picture of the outdoor patio, but imagine shading with dining tables, along side two giant circular couches next to a stage for some live music... priceless. Well, the wait for outdoor seating was too long for ms. preggers, so we were seated by the window inside - good enough, just get me food... or for the hubs, a cold brew!
After indulging in some spinach & artichoke dip, we were then handed our plates of gloriousness. Not quite pictured, alongside my quesadillas, is my cup of chicken & rice soup (a true pregnant meal if I do say so myself... not sure where my taste buds derived such a combination, but it was tasty indeed).
 Stuffed, and almost miserable... we headed on down to the stadium to join in some of the tailgating fun. Although I wasn't indulging in the refreshments, the entertainment was great! They had a new set up - new to me anyway - that allowed all the fans to gather together in one area and enjoy some food, beverages and live music. We found some shade, and parked it for a little while to enjoy it!
But then it was game time!!! No pictures to share... except for one of my hubby I spontaneously decided to capture. Figured I might as well, since there was no other photo indicating our presence at the game. A GREAT game at that! Our dear Colts played well, and won against the Browns. Woo hoo! Yes, it's only preseason, but it's exciting nonetheless. And yes, our seats look a bit high, but it was only the 400 section. Not bad considering their seats used to be up in the 600s!!! Talk about a hike. 
Regardless, we will take free tickets to a game ANYTIME!!! Thanks, mama & daddy, you're the best. We really enjoyed ourselves. Date nights like these won't come as easily when the new baby arrives! Although, the excitement for that day sure made it's appearance more than once on this rendezvous... as I realized come Super Bowl Sunday our baby will be here!!! I made that known quite often in the night. Hehe. Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment