Friday, August 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, my sweet baby girl...

When you begin life as a new parent, everyone tells you the time will fly. You believe them to an extent, given prior events in your life (ie: highschool, college, etc). However, there is nothing comparable to the realization that your child is not a baby anymore.
#flashbackfriday, 2 mos/3 yrs old
Talk about bittersweet. My baby girl is FOUR YEARS OLD today - sometimes the thought brings tears to my eyes. You love to see them grow into their own little self, but at the same time you just wish time could stand still a little bit each year. Ok ok, leaving the sappiness behind - I could go on for days about it - I'll jump into how we celebrated this special day of my very, very, very special girl!! 
Each year we have a theme, and THIS year she picked the theme herself - again, growing up *tear. She wanted a "Princess" party. Not just the Disney princesses, but any and all were welcomed. ;) So with the theme and colors in mind, the decorating began the night before! 
One particular gift that can't be overlooked is this giant castle, from aunt Lindsay. I will say it was a huge hit with the kids, but sadly found it's spot in her room... and out of the kitchen. Ha. 
Jumping way ahead to the day of the party, the forecast was to be gloomy and rainy. However, with much prayer and positive attitude the clouds opened up and it was one of our warmest days!! Thankfully, because we needed some sunshine for this big daddy...
Might I add, it came to be of GREAT service!
 ...and just to be safe, we had a second option for the smaller tykes. :)
After much struggle, we got the kids dried off and back inside for opening gifts and cake!! I'm pretty sure the cake was more motivation for their attendance.
Sadly, among the hustle and bustle I wasn't able to capture a picture of the cake (solo) on my phone, but as you can see, it's the same design as her invitations - thanks to Sweet Stuff Bakery. We've been loyal customers since birthday #1, and they even made our wedding cake. :) 
Well as any child party goes, all guests with young children departed shortly after the cake cutting. I'm sure a much needed nap was due for most! As for the rest of the adults, they found ways to enjoy the weather as it began to cool off...
Well that's that folks... my big girl is four today. Wow, no matter how many times I say it, I just can't wrap my head around that reality. She's truly my heart and soul... the light to my world. I continue to thank the Lord for the blessing of her being, and that she continues to grow healthy and strong as each year approaches. 

God bless you, and Happy Birthday my sweet girl. 
Mommy loves you more than you'll ever know!!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment