Saturday, January 4, 2014

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Well we have managed to survive our first week at home! If you read the end of my last post, you'd understand what I mean by survive. 

This past week has reiterated the importance of managing time, but most importantly dividing that time between two kids and a husband. 

Another thing I learned is that a mother's love has no limits when it comes to her family. Although at times my heart seems like it could burst! I have been overwhelmed with emotions, both good and bittersweet. 

My daughter has been an only child for four years, and now she has to share her time with another; as do we now as parents of two. Our son is an incredible gift to our family, but we have done our best to not overlook Audriana's needs among the changes. I have to credit our extended families as well, spending extra time with Audriana and/or showering her with "big sister" gifts. She certainly hasn't felt like she's lost her spotlight; not that it's even remotely possible with that girl. 

These next years ahead of us are going to be quite the adventure. I'm anxious for the milestones of our new son, and to witness the relationship between him and Audriana. I grew up an only child, so the friendships and bonds between siblings have always fascinated me. I'm blessed to at least enjoy those moments through my own children now.   

Lastly, I have to acknowledge my inability to do any of this without my dear husband. With a few things left to finish in the nursery, the chaos approached us quickly when our son decided he wanted to get here in the middle of the night - TWO WEEKS EARLY. Yet, Chris managed to get everything together while I rested at the hospital and take care of all things I'd be unable to do once we were back home. Even with a hectic [end of the year] work week, Chris stayed around the house to make sure we were all taken care of. Whether it was fixing us breakfast, dinner, or simply waking up with me at night just to let me know he was there if I needed him... [tears commencing] ...I feel so blessed to have him as my husband. Words couldn't express just how incredible he is.

God continues to shower us with so much love, and there is no where else I'd rather be than in this moment.

1 comment:

  1. Aww this is so sweet. Congrats to you and your family! He is precious!

    ReplyDelete