Friday, January 24, 2014

Oh, hi. Remember me?

Definition
noun 
1. A person living in solitude...

Yes. That is currently the reality of my life. Not that I'm complaining. It's totally excusable. I'm just referencing the fact that I have been cooped up in this house for the last month. I literally find myself gasping for air when I let the dog out to pee. It's that extreme. 

Ok, so I'm a little dramatic. But lets face it... I am a new mother of two, whose 4yr old continually battles the sniffles, our newborn recently battled through RSV, while the husband and I went through our own dose of antibiotics for sinus infections... all in the last 4 weeks. Winter sure has a sense of humor. 

Moving on...

Since being 4 weeks postpartum, I have found myself already back to my pre-pregnancy weight. WOOHOO!!! I know the lack of sleep and illnesses may seem to have been the root of the weight loss, but quite the contrary. With the motivation of my husband's nutritional comeback [we both got a little off track through the pregnancy; again excusable], I have managed to maintain a well balance diet.

I grew up an athlete from grade school through high school. So naturally, I was a decently healthy human being. But it wasn't until the last 5 years that I truly became a health nut; obsessed with knowledge of the good/bad fats or the difference between simple/complex carbs. But of course, while pregnant, food deprivation is not an option so you'll find yourself straying off course a bit. Although, I did manage to stay in the gym as long as possible.

via Instagram plugin 

I made it to about 32 weeks, then I was done. My body wasn't able to do anything without force, and my motivation to do it was lacking. So, I guess you can say I took a 6 week break - baby B was born at 38 weeks. 

NOW! I'm ready to get back at it. Immediately [aka after the post baby junk food indulgence at the hospital] I began eating clean again, with moderate exercises here or there. I haven't pushed myself too much, because I want to make sure I'm back to normal 100%  at my 6 week mark. That way I can jump back into my old routines!!!! Yes, I'm that anxious.

Without dragging this on anymore than I have been, I want to share with you one of my new favorite snacks. It's been a great way to satisfy that sweet tooth. Although my sweet tooth has subsided tremendously, I still get a small craving. With that said, here is my substitute!

Frozen Yogurt Bites
Yogurt
Pastry bag or Ziploc baggie
Nonstick tray

Pour yogurt into the bag. If using a Ziploc, cut a tiny hole in the bottom corner [if the hole is too big, the yogurt will spill out]. Gently squeeze the yogurt onto tray in small bite size amounts. The size preference is up to you. Quickly place them in the freezer for about an hour. That's it!
Dispose of any excess yogurt...
And voila!
There you have it. A nice, healthy snack!

Again, I'm so anxious to get this ball rolling. It'd be totally cliché to say "new year, new me", but what the heck. I was in the best shape of my life back in 2011, and I'm ready to get back there again. It's a challenge I'm more than willing to accept! So in the next months, expect a lot of new recipes and I may even share some progress shots of my body's transformation. Hope you'll be along for the journey!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment