Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Love Day

Let's see. This time last year on Valentine's day, I was here...
Having breakfast here...
And dinner with these fine peeps...
I'm not sure we can top that this year, but the only downfall was that we weren't with our kids [although at the time we only had one]. I know Valentine's Day is to be spent with your significant other, but I would fall into that category of people who don't believe in one single day having to represent your love for one another. Yes it's an excuse to get dressed up fancy and go out, but lets be real... we really could do that on any other night. My husband and I have date nights as often as we can, so this is really just another dinner night together. :) Not any less special, but certainly not more special than others. 

Kids have it pretty easy, to say the least. Their Valentine's Day consists of candy, cards, and crafty Valentine's Day boxes. Well, this year I got to help my little one put together her first Valentine's Day box for school. I had the joy of cutting all the little pieces [literally every little heart was cut out of a piece of paper. Stickers would have been much easier but we like to keep things interesting] and she had the fun part of gluing it all on! A nice mommy/daughter craft night.
Last, but certainly not least... I want to take a moment to wish this very special gal a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 
Yes, this unfortunate soul has had to share this love day with the world. But I make sure she's loved no matter what! ;) Love you, Erika!! 

Happy Love Day, everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment