Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lions, Tigers & Bears... OH MY!

Yes, Erika - if you're reading this - my post title may look familiar. 

Well, this Tuesday adventure was most deserving of its own post!! One of my best friends, and her son (my godson) along with myself and little one, took a trip to our local zoo.
Not my most flattering angle, but it's surely overlooked by Max licking his mother's face, yes?

Needless to say, it was a combination of excitement and exhaustion - for the parents. Regardless, it was an absolute blast!! The weather was even kind to us, and never shed an ounce of rain - which was the current weather status; in which case we appreciated the false prediction. We tried capturing as many photo ops possible, given the undeniably precious moments and personalities portrayed.   
 ...and when I say personalities, this is what I mean...
Probably one of my favorite moments, was the "clinging for life" photos of my dearest friend, and our kiddos - one in desperate need to be held, while the other was being pulled out of another family's picture.
She may have needed an extra hand. Where was I, you ask?... umm, who else was going to capture these priceless moments? 

And given we are both moms, this happened on occasion...  
I can't recall if it was intentional, or just maternal instinct to grab hold of a nearby stroller. 
It happens. 

We're lucky our kids are close in age, and have been able to grow with one another; although, one year is quite a difference, especially between a boy and a girl. Nonetheless, they have fun together and I'm blessed for that relationship - and that of mine and Erika's... I've known her from when we were our kids' age.

That's a crazy reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment