Friday, April 12, 2013

(( My Best Friend's Wedding ))

First let me begin by saying, I have known this lovable, "cheesy" (nickname in High School) beauty since we were 14 years old. So, a little preface of our relationship is absolutely necessary! :)  

You could say the initiation of our friendship was in the hands of the good old sport of volleyball. Playing together for 5 years certainly brought us closer together (given the relationship our team generally had with one another; deemed a "cult" by the student body; we preferred "family", right Jessica Donner?). It wasn't until after graduation that we realized the value of our friendship. No matter the ups and downs, distance or years in between, we always found each other's comfort in the time of need. Although, with life's unexpected turn of events, we ended up finding ourselves inseparable. Where there was Megan, there was Jessica - vice versa. So, you get it! Before getting into the EXCITING events to come, I'll share a little bit of our most memorable adventures together!
1. Sophomore year, high school football game
2. Trip to Orlando; City Walk
3. Trip to Orlando; Universal Studios
4. umm... who goes out at 11pm for Key Lime Pie? We do.
5. Cincinnati Bengals game
6. Hullabalou 2010
7. Louisville Bats game
8. My wedding day, aka: MOH
9. Regrettable, yet memorable, Black Friday shopping - people are crazy!

Another special tradition (needing its own collage) is the infamous birthday cake!! When I discovered - late into the friendship I might add -  that she rarely got birthday cakes in the past, I made it my mission to do so every year following:
 And lastly, another must share, we have an issue with matching, unintentionally -whether it be similar, or exact:.
Ok, ok, so THIS is my best friend...

NOW! On to the most exciting news, EVER!!! ... hints: My Best Friend's Wedding.

Yes, my friends! After the engagement last summer (2012), the nuptials are soon among us!
(then, engaged at the same time)

Bridesmaids!! Minus 3 others...
pictured: Katie B, bride, Katie U, myself, and Noelle
Aren't we a cute married bunch???
(A big shout out AND congrats, to Katie U; soon-to-be mommy!!!!!)

Wedding season is always an exceptional time of year, but THIS YEAR it's much much more- for obvious reasons!!!! Words can't express the excitement, anxiety, and anticipation for the big day!! To say she is my "best friend", is really an understatement. This girl has been there for me through the worst of my trial and errors in life, and was nothing but encouraging and supportive every . step . of . the . way. I'm blessed for her friendship and loyalty. 

Not to mention, there's never a dull moment with us...
    Moving along... you get the picture, she is the Cheese to my Mac.

There will be four... yes, four... parts to this series: 

Part 1: My Best Friend, introduction - complete
Part 2: Bridal Showers
Part 3: Bachelorette Party
Part 4: THE BIG DAY! (eeeeekkkkkk!!)

Looking forward to sharing all the exciting events!! Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love! and thanks for the bloggy link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! ... double time. Just helping out my fellow blogger. ;) See you tomorrow!!!!

      Delete