Monday, April 29, 2013

Motivational Monday [fitness edition]

For some, with summer just around the corner, the gym seems to become one's best friend! For others, it's the enemy; and finding an excuse to avoid it at all costs develops into a terrible habit.

"It's just too hard..."
"I don't have the energy..."
"I don't have the time..."
"It's Tuesday..."  
[yes, I've heard that one before]

NONSENSE.

It may sound redundant, but if you have a goal then GO FOR IT, and don't stop! It's possible.

For some, they turn to motivational photos:
Although I agree with the [bottom left] message, and could easily use Jamie Eason's photos as personal motivation - on the contrary, these kind of photos could be intimidating to others. Which in turn won't do anything, but lower their self esteem. If photos aren't the motivator, then look for other sources! There IS a reason you want to look or feel better... What is it??

IMPOSSIBLE = I'M POSSIBLE

You have the ability... it's IN YOU. Sometimes it just takes refocusing the facts on what it is you desire.

About a year ago, I came across an inspirational photo - and it bothers me, I have no source to credit the amazing tale. But what I remember of the story, was that of a 70 year old man who dedicated his life in the gym to become physically, and mentally, stronger to carry, bathe, change clothing, etc. aiding to his son who had recently become a quadriplegic. It was by far the most inspiring story/message I've ever read.

So what's your itch?

Better health?
Playing with your kids without being out of breath?
Living long enough to see your children and grandchildren grow?
Being strong enough to take care of a friend or family member when they're not able to care for themselves?

You just have to find that "thing" that motivates YOU!!!!!


HAPPY MONDAY!!


To view a LIST of motivating tips, check this out!! Here.
photo credit 1 2 3 4 5

No comments:

Post a Comment