Saturday, June 8, 2013

Houndmouth:
From the Hills Below the City

Well, although I was beat to the punch - alongside my friend/blogging buddy, Katie and her last Thursday post, I too felt the need to brag about our little hometown celebrities.
They've been locally known for a few years, but are now well on their way to universal stardom! It's incredible. I went to high school with two of the members, and at an earlier time in my life I enjoyed the tunes of their bass player, Zak Appleby, when he had a solo gig at a local hole-in-wall called, Jersey's. Myself, and a few others were always front and center - if I remember correctly, it was every Tuesday? All I do remember is Oasis "Wonderwall" was a weekly request, and I can't say we ever wore it out. Good times. Not to mention, I love knowing I was a witness to the beginning stages of someone's career. Pretty nifty. ;) 

 I believe this group will find their way further and further at the top. Their style is original, and each one of them holds their own talent. It's great to see a local band find such success. Just recently, they performed on Conan O'Brien. Seriously?! :) If you missed it, here's a clip of their performance.

Congratulations, Houndmouth!!!
Hope there's unlimited success in yours all future!! I don't doubt there will be.

Purchase songs on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment