Monday, June 24, 2013

(( My Best Friend's Wedding ))
Part 4: THE BIG DAY!!!!!

It's hard to believe that we're already counting UP from the wedding of the year! Already reaching 10 days - and almost home from the honeymoon - I'm sure the newlyweds are still on cloud nine. ;) I'm excited to finally share this momentous day with everyone. So here, we go!

First and foremost, I must thank my fellow bridesmaid for quite a handful of photos I'll be sharing today!! - Katie B, thank you for letting me steal them!
Let's begin on last Thursday, the night before the big day! The rehearsal/ceremony was held at St. Mary's church, and dinner was at the delectable Porcini, Italian restaurant.
...oh, and the dessert? Omgee.
Moving forward to the morning of the big day!!!!!! 
The bridesmaids slept over at the mother-of-the-bride's home, and woke up with THIS.
Like I said before, there's always an overflow of food at this house. No complaints here!!

After stuffing our faces, it was time to get Beautimous...
And then our beautiful bride began to step into her dress. Let me just say, with a room full of women there was not a dry eye in that room at this moment. It was all coming together, and beginning to set in!!! She was just stunning!!
Moments later, the ladies gathered onto the bus and headed to the church!! Here are a few detail shots, and the bridesmaids before the ceremony began...
As there is this thing called wedding etiquette, prohibiting a bridesmaid to snap photos during the ceremony, I am unable to share the sweet moments of that time. However - thanks to Katie! Ha - I'm happy to share a post ceremony shot of the bridal party. ;)  
 Following the ceremony, we joined the NEWLYWEDS back on the bus and headed to the reception!
Really? Is that not the cutest? :)

Once arriving, you first set eyes on the beautiful cake - equally as delicious. After everyone got settled in their seats, and finished dinner, the following formalities took place... 
Possibly one of the best moments of the evening, was the first dance between the bride and groom - not only because of the significant moment in itself, but their song was performed live by the bride's brother-in-law. It was fantastic!!
Next were the dances of the bride/father, and groom/mother... while not having photos of either, I shall make up for it with a priceless video - "the Harlem crashes groom/mother dance". 
Yes, that was our beautiful mommy-to-be, Katie U beginning the harlem flash mob with her adorable baby bump!!! ;) Entertainment at its finest!

Unfortunately for myself the party ended quite early. I hated to miss out on any more of the exciting surprises to come in the night, but I had to put a sleepy girl to bed - already waaayyy past her bed time. The next photos are brought to you by Endless Summer Band. The entertainment of the night was kind enough to share some photos on their site.
Well folks, that's it - the end of this series. I can't believe it's already come and gone. I'm so happy for Jess & Blake, I can't say it enough. The best thing in life is to have a partner to share it with. I wish them a lifetime of happiness, and to cherish everyday together as husband and wife. 

Cheers to the newlyweds; to my best friend!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment