Monday, March 17, 2014

A BIG Kid At Heart

This past week our daughter was the absolute best. She's always a good girl, but last week she was exceptionally good!! I really couldn't stop praising her. She was brushing her own teeth, getting her own drink out of the fridge, putting her clothes/shoes on by herself, or even just finding her little brother's pacifier to calm him down when he'd be crying. She was really doing me a solid, having my own hands full feeding or changing her baby brother. Such a big helper. I was just beside myself how much of a big girl she was becoming before my very eyes [cue tears]. I was so proud in fact, I wanted to get her something special - obviously meaning we would go to the store and she could pick out one thing, anything, she wanted. 

What was this one single thing she wanted? It was something she had been asking for in the last few days, and shockingly we never had it up until this time.

Play-doh!
And yes, as you can see she wanted the motherlode. Go big or go home, right? We didn't mind, though. The happiness in her eyes were priceless. Words could not describe her excitement to get home and start playing with it. You would think this child had hit a gold mine. Well, I guess in her case she did. She started off with cute little cut outs, trying out all the different shapes it came with. But it wasn't long until one color was getting boring, and the combinations began.... 
Even I dove in and had some fun with it.

Boom.
There was a point in time when Chris really questioned who we bought the play-doh for. But putting his sarcastic humor aside, I continued with my little creations. I was loving it. Ha! [and yes I even placed them on display, I was that proud.] 
But by no means was I hogging all the play-doh. No. Audriana was busy doing her own thing.
...I'm not really sure.

With all silliness aside, we did manage to get some educational purposes out of it. 
But towards the end while mixing her colors, she didn't realize what we created when I rolled it out flat on the table. I was thoroughly impressed.

Earth!
Play-doh, after decades of entertainment you still haven't lost your touch. I'm already looking forward to more messy creations when she gets home from school today!! Ha. Chris may have been right... I may have secretly wanted it for myself. #kidatheart

Yes, I just hashtagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment