Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Special Day

At first glance, the vast majority of people double take when seeing parents with children of a different race. Although now a days it's becoming more common. Regardless, I still get that look when first introducing my parents to someone new. It seems to take a second to sink in and then [lightbulb] "oh she must be adopted." [applause] Yes, indeed I am. A brief summary of that is explained here, if you're interested in catching up on that.

Moving forward, along with my celebration of birth, my parents also celebrate the day they brought me home. 1...2...3... awwwww. :) It's quite a special day, as it's known for in fact. We call it "My Special Day". Dad pops in the video and we watch the old footage of when they finally placed me into my parents' arms after several patient months of waiting. It gets us everytime. Seeing myself introduced to my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, it's really something else. Sharing it with my own children is something special, too. Although they're much to young to understand it now, they will someday.

Even though the focus of today is celebrating my arrival, it's also a celebration of God's master planning. He always knows what He's doing, and that day He brought me to a family, to a life that was much more than I could have ever imagined. 


A bloodline couldn't define our family anymore than what we are today. They are all that I know and I am so very lucky to have them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment