Monday, March 10, 2014

A New Beginning...

I am at a crossroad! I am almost at my ONE YEAR birthday of my beautiful little blog, and I've been wracking my brain on a few things.

Often times, this is me...
Married, with two kids, school, activities, events around every corner - you'd think this gal would have something to write about everyday! I suppose I do. It's more of "is this interesting enough to write about?"..."is anybody even reading this?". But I've had somewhat of an epiphany. I began this blog as a hobby. A hobby that kept me accountable to be productive about something other than my normal routines. At first, my posts came easy enough because I wasn't thinking too hard about it. [Isn't that the point?] It wasn't until I began blog hopping [a good thing] that I started finding myself a little insecure [not a good thing]. I started thinking "...oh she's clever, that girl has incredible taste in shoes, this chick should have her own cooking show...". I then started thinking, "what's so interesting about my blog?" .

The answer is, MUCH! Although it took me until now to realize that, though. Looking back to my first two months of blogging made me realize that I not only began a hobby, but I was documenting all my adventures. I have kept a journal [different stages of] my whole life. This was no different! I think the reason I struggled a time or two to write anything was solely because I was trying too hard. Instead of just putting it together, I would read it over and over again. We are our worst critics after all. But I may go easy on myself from this day forward. With our growing household, there will be plenty to write about. 

That's really all I have for today. No funny jokes, no style info, or a recipe. Just my thoughts.

A little vulnerable, but it feels pretty good.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment