Monday, April 14, 2014

Obsession Overload: Idina Menzel

As we all know, Frozen has been Hollywood's most recent phenomenon. One of my own personal reasons I love it so much is because of Elsa's character voice, by Idina Menzel. I have been quite a silent fan of hers since seeing the broadway show Wicked [whom she plays Elphaba, the wicked witch]. I have not been fortunate enough to actually see her live, but her live performance of the infamous number "Defying Gravity" streamed on YouTube had me glued. And now deemed a forever fan.
What is the point of all this? Well not only does she possess one of the most powerful voices in broadway, stars in one of my ultimately favorite broadway plays, and now characterizes one of the most famous animated voices in Frozen, but I just recently discovered she also has incredible taste in men. Yes, she was once married to (and bares a beautiful son with) the incredibly talented, and hands down most handsome man alive... besides my hubby *wink*... TAYE DIGGS!

Yes, this guy...
I have loved him in all movies from Brown Sugar, The Best Man, even the classic late 90s film The Wood.  

So I'm thinking as if I'm not obsessed with her enough, this just adds to it a million bajillion times more. And no I don't mean obsessed like omg I want a lock of her hair, lock your doors, jack up the security kind of obsession. That's scary. By "obsessed", I simply mean I'm an even bigger fan.

You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment