Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hello, this is Mee... and my skeletons.

I figured, for anyone interested, it was time to spill the beans a little about who I am, and all that fun stuff! I debated whether this should be a post, or an About Mee page of its own... post won. It's a bit of an overload, and when someone sees a section "About Mee" they don't necessarily want to know everyyyyyyything. Do they? It's like asking a stranger, "Hello, how are you?"...and then reciprocated by a drawn out "my day sucks, because... yata yata yata!". You then find yourself a little stunned, or speechless for that matter. Awkward.

But don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for stories in need of comfort, as my ever-so-patient husband likes to call me "Dear Abby". I'm just saying that excessive responses are not expected at that particular moment and you may be a little overwhelmed - as you may be now with this unnecessary overture. I'm already proving my point. I seem to ramble... but, lets do this.

Now, in case you are wondering, I did not spell the word wrong... Mee was intentional. And all for good reason. Without going into an abundance of detail, my middle name is hyphenated "Danielle-Mee", and as a convenience, (or to my grandmother) I'm Megan Mee. And yes, I like to feel clever by using it as a play-on-word any chance I get. Although, I did try to avoid using it excessively on my blog. Keepin' it simple people. 

Ok, ok... moving forward. 

This is Mee:
So, lets see if I can quickly bore you to tears break it all down:

I am Korean (if that wasn't difficult to notice), but what I couldn't tell you is if I'm 100% or maybe even 3/4 Korean and 1/4 something else. Why, you ask? I was adopted at 3 months old. With that said, my parents are my parents and I do not have any idea - nor desire - of who my birth-mother was/is... was. 
As my faith being an important asset, I knew God placed me with a remarkably loving, selfless family and I could not have been more blessed and fortunate. 

"Ladies and gentleman, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. 
Make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position."

Here we go...

In my early twenties, I enrolled in Cosmetology school with my long time bestie- because we make the best decisions together... hardly - and graduated as a licensed cosmetologist... only to immediately pack my bags and move to another state given the heart sometimes overrules the mind. Figure that one out.

Jumping WAY ahead - sorry it's just best - I found myself back in my hometown, and a new single mom to a beautiful daughter.
Where to go from here? You could say my life took a turn, enduring some hardships. 
But seriously - after moving from state-to-state, divorced (oops, there I said it), and a mother at a young age - OH EM GEEEEEE - who's perfect?? 

I once heard it best stated:
"You know my name, but not who I am; 
you know what I've done, but not what I've been through."

There's been many trials and complete fails errors in my life... none that I should regret - as we learn from our mistakes - but it wasn't an easy road. Although, we aren't dealt anything we can't handle, and have to grow from them, right? At least I did.  

With Faith as my guide, I found my footing back on the right path. Which in turn led me to... what my heart would call "my angel"... my husband. A blessing, that no words could remotely describe and I'm not even going to attempt. He's simply amazing.
With this new love, and perspective that life was just beginning, I found myself focusing only on our blessings - our Faith growing stronger together - trying to always see the good; avoiding the negative. That's not easy to do when the world is what it is, but we can do what we can in our own lives!! I believe we encounter hardships as a way for us to grow - seeing another side to the world - making sure we learn and understand the difference in what's accepted and what's not. For these last years, I have lived a life along side my Faith, as guidance to what life should be about... being good to yourself. In turn, I hope to continue to be a good wife, a good mother, and a good friend. 

FUN FACTS:
- I'm a stay at home mom.
- DVR is a lifesaver when raising a toddler.
- I don't believe in food deprivation and overindulge in carbs .
- Fitness is a necessity, to make up for the above.
My ability to recite just about every Disney movie is astonishing.
- I have a secret English accent that only my daughter is aware of.
- I'm obsessed with heels, but rarely wear them; I walk fast.
- I recently converted to country music; by miracle.
- I may or may not have a strange attraction to Jase Robertson.
- I'm obsessed with miniature items. It's true..
- I love anything to do with France.
- I need chocolate, like I need air.

There's not much more about me that's not nails to a chalkboard already been said... at least, thus far.

I started this blog as a way to write down - and share - thoughts, not so much opinions, and just everyday things that intrigue me. Although I don't credit myself as clever minded as some, or one who speaks with no filter, I'd like to think I could provide something entertaining in this bloggy world. 

If you're still with me... God bless you!! ;)

7 comments:

  1. I love blogs that share a person's story. It's what makes us all unique. My best friend is adopted Korean and, like you, she has no desire to meet her birth mother. I think that the way you both feel is lovely and respectable. My bestie's sister went ahead and looked for her birth family and it caused so much tension. Everyone has skeletons.... not everyone is brave enough to show them. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's interesting! Yes, everyone's desires are different. Thanks for sharing! :) And I appreciate the positive feedback. :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Hearing that you have converted to country music makes my heart sing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh, well then discovering I'll be rockin' cowboy boots bachelorette weekend might just make you wanna do a little jig. These are big steps for me. ;)

      Delete
  3. LOVE your story and your blog! So excited to find it today! I am your newest follower!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! Looking forward to seeing yours! :) Xo

      Delete
  4. And with your new found talent of line dancing you will fit right in with those boots!

    ReplyDelete