Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Another Year Older, Another Year Wiser

I once read [by a pretty influential lady, my aunt Vicki] that future years to come don't always have to be counted by a number; as another year older. Yet they can be recognized as another year wiser. She views each birthday as "another year of wisdom". 

I love that.

That statement couldn't stand more true to my own life experiences. I can certainly say I've grown a lot more wiser in these past years; more so than I could have imagined. And I'm blessed for that growth.

Along with a new age, this year I began a new tradition.

A night of food [of course] and ornament crafts!!!

This year was our first trial, and I'd have to say it was a success. Other than the short attendance [due to impromptu scheduling] it was perfect. With that said, we were able to get by with my kitchen table and a separate children's table.
As a way to stay festive, I even made up some cute to-go boxes! Add little tissue paper, and you have yourself a nice little Christmas take-home box for your ornament.
Here were a few I was able to capture at the end of the night.
 Lastly, after some full bellies and crafts, we had dessert.
Compliments of my dear husband! And no I don't mean he made it, but simply ordered it. Thoughtful. ;)

Next year we plan to continue the tradition, but on a weekend to avoid some work schedules. The intimate number [including kids] made it very doable for our first run, but next year I'm hoping we can increase the company. 

Cheers to new traditions, and to another year of wisdom - appreciating such things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment