Friday, May 17, 2013

In love with LOVE...

There really wasn't a more appropriate title for today's post. I simply love love. There's only one other person I know who can relate with that; an old teammate, school mate and friend, Jessica D - check out her sweet blog over at Little Miss SunshineAlong with being in love with love, the best job I had the privilege of working, was alongside a well respected wedding photographer, Amy Shepherd
Now, Amy is not just any ordinary wedding photographer. I first came to know her just as someone with this incredible eye for capturing the most breathtaking images. Once hired, I witnessed her ongoing work ethic not only as a self-employed business woman, but as a wife and mother. I even babysat her two boys for the first few months of being hired - now that I think about it, was that a test? ;) I must have passed, because she kept me around thereafter, and even brought me along for shoots to help with lighting. I loved going on shoots with her, because at some point she'd put a camera in my hand and say "...start shooting." YES!

It's not only fun, but an honor to work with Amy. She's fun, FUNNY, and has one of the sweetest I've been blessed to know. And to say her work is amazing would be an understatement. I know there are many wonderful photographers, and maybe I'm a little biased, but regardless it does not discredit her work - art - the slightest bit.
It's about seeing what others can't - visualizing the image before it's even on print.

Moving forward, today is another one of those days! A wedding shoot!!!! Although I no longer work with Amy in the studio, she will still ask me to tag along a shoot with her now and then. I can hardly hide my excitement for what today will bring. As any shoot, not only are we in attendance to the wedding, but we get the backstage pass to see what goes on behind the curtain. And THAT is what it's all about - to me, anyway. We witness the moments that aren't always glamorous or poise, the reality where things aren't falling into place - the flowers are late, dad has the wrong the tie, the bride broke a toe the night before and the shoes don't fit! ;) Whatever the fiasco may be, it's beautiful to see. Because in the end, when the bride's walking down the aisle, no one knows the difference - it's the perfect fairytale.

Chris and I were lucky, and fortunate, Amy was available to shoot our own wedding. And as a bride, on the other side of the camera, it was quite the turn around. ;) Here's one of my favorites from our special day!

For more images, weddings, and additional portraits, check out her blog! Here

------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Along with weddings, it seems most people attend them for pure enjoyment of the reception to follow! I mean, who doesn't love to dance the night away?? 

With that said, it's time to share today's tune of the day/weekend, as it is Friday - meaning:

It's time to LINK UP!!!!
I decided to go with an old favorite! More appropriately - with all this wedding talk - it was our entrance song, introduced as "Mr. & Mrs."!! The party was NOT ready for us!!! ;)


Have a safe and happy weekend, everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment