Monday, May 6, 2013

:: weekend picture book ::
Oaks & Derby

WHEW!! We survived the weekend... barely. It's day 2 of recovery, and I'm still struggling. Just so we're clear, the aches and pains are not a result of enduring too many adult beverages, but from the terrible choice in shoes for 3 days in a row - aka, my back and feet hate me. On a lighter note, and as promised, I'm thrilled to share some highlights of our weekend shenanigans - themed alongside Sami's Weekend Shenanigans.

Let's begin with Day 1:
Arriving at the hotel, the ladies are greeted with a beautiful red rose. 
To understand the significance in "the rose", check it out here.

The first event we were scheduled to attend was Ferdinand's Ball. Dressed up, and ready to go, we snapped a quick pic while waiting in the lobby.
The rest of the evening was full of entertainment! We're talking great food, friends, drinks, music and photo booths! Put all those together, and you're bound for a good time.
Moving on to Day 2:
Out of the three days, this was the longest. We would be spending the first half of the day at the track for Oaks, then that evening we'd attend the Unbridled Eve Gala. Just reliving that whole day exhausts me all over again! However, it was quite the experience; can't complain. 

It began (as did day 1) with a beautiful flower; a lily. 
For more on the Pink Out attire, visit here.
 Once arriving at the track, we made our way to our seats... 
... a perfect view, right alongside the finish line.
With no luck on our side, we left the track empty handed... and onto the Unbridled Eve Gala.
A photo description of this event does not do it justice. It was spectacular. We enjoyed a delicious meal, followed by an auction, live performances, then a couple snap shots on the red carpet. 
Without going into some serious stalk-mode, I wasn't able to capture many of the celebrities attending the event. Lauren Conrad, from The Hills, sat at a table next to ours; that was neat. Although, it didn't take much time for her to be bombarded with people wanting photos - she left shortly after dinner. The performances that evening included the winner of The Voice, Nicholas David; country legend, Jo Dee Messina; and the one and only Luke Bryan. I was definitely able to catch decent shots from those performances. They were amazing... 
Finally, onto Day 3:
With the weather forecast being 60% rain, and worried I wouldn't get the chance to wear my hat - compliments of my best friend - I tried capturing a photo before we left.
Making our way to the track looked as if it was going to be a miserable time... I mean, really???
BUT, we made the best of it - coats, rain gear, and all!
Again, hats were the big statement of the day, yet they made capturing photos a bit difficult.
Quoting Chris, "...my head's on a saucer." 

My friend and I even made it on national news! 
We were filmed, among others, sporting "fashionable rain gear". It was hilarious. If they would have asked the infamous question, "What/Who are you wearing?"... I'd have responded with, "Coleman's rain gear, from Target." Ha! So fashionable.

So despite the rain, and a losing horse, we had a great Derby 2013 weekend!! Exhausted, possibly sick [lost my voice] and band aids on my heels - like I said, my feet hate me - I'm enjoying this day in my pajamas, with my daughter, relaxing!!! Next year will be here before we know it, and I'm pretty sure I'll still be gathering up all my energy... whew.


3 comments:

  1. Okay number one you are absolutely stunning!!! Your beautiful :) And this looks like so much fun!! Such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you Looked beautiful, Looked like you had great fun!
    Lovely pictures!

    I would appreciate it if you take some time out and visit my blog
    www.stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete