Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Palm trees, Coronas and... Snowmen

Inspiration for today's post developed during a late FaceTime chat with some old/new friends. My mind immediately trailed down memory lane to a recent trip where we met these wonderful people.

Royal Caribbean, Oasis of the Seas
To describe the SIZE of this ship is impossible... you have to see it to believe it. Really, there's no words. I'll share two of our favorite spots; Central Park, and the Solarium. 
Now, onto what this post was initially about... our new friends, and the moments I'll never forget!
Everyone, meet Mike & Tammy!
What began as our honeymoon, ended as the best vacation with two new friends. Our encounter was on an unforgettably windy morning - and when I say windy, I mean knocking me off my feet. Shading my face from the sun, I always wear a hat - not knowing it would be the cause of an introduction to our newest friends!! To further explain, my hat blew off and rolled down the aisle, Mike grabbed it -  voila! After Chris and I found a new spot, less windy, Mike and Tammy followed and the rest is blissful history!! :)

For the duration of the trip, the four of us were inseparable. We even added an excursion to our agenda to further extend the adventures!
The absolutely gorgeous, Magen's Bay.
 Suntans and sunburns in tow, we made our way back to the ship. There, we established "our spot" at Globe and Atlas pub, where cocktails, coronas, and snowmen became the highlights of our evenings; along with music by Jimmy!
There was never a dull moment with us. Here are a few more photos to share...
It was so great in fact, we already booked a trip in July to reconnect! This time there will be 6 total... bringing the kids! :) As fate would have it, Tammy and Mike have a beautiful 4 year old daughter - she is a doll. Both of our girls sent a little video greeting to one another when we returned from our trip. It was precious, so we're anxious to get them together.

This is not meant to be a sappy post, but I'm really missing our friends!! I can't wait to see them again. We were lucky, and blessed to have met such a wonderful couple. Our connection was effortless, and I'm hoping we continue this friendship for the rest of our days. They love traveling, as do we, so there's no doubt many adventures await us! There's only about 6 hours between us, but still not close enough for frequent visits, so until our trip (and between future trips) we are thankful for FaceTime. ;)
...a bit blurry, but look at those smiling faces! :)
Tammy and Mike - if you're reading this - we love you and can't wait to see you again!!!! Countdown is 51 days, and it couldn't come sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment