Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Mr. Wonderful

Happy Wednesday, everyone!! That's my mood today. Happy! So along with that, I wanted to share a little post about how my husband is amazing. Not a sappy post, but one worthy of being shared!

First of all, when we began dating I would always call him "Mr. Wonderful" - because he was. This man had his sh*t together was everything I could have ever hoped for. Without gushing about how he still makes my heart flutter, he really was wonderful in that he listened, paid attention to detail, and was always concerned over our well being. Not to mention, I laugh my butt off when we're together. He makes me laugh till I cry. The key to my heart right there.
AMY SHEPHERD PHOTOGRAPHY
Today's post may seem pointless to some, but it was a real "wow" moment for me!!! After the wedding, we moved into a house in need of some serious renovations, inside AND out. With the inside completely made over, that left the outside - yard work, trimming, pulling weeds, etc. Chris and I both grew up with moms who about broke their backs - his mom, literally - making sure their flowers and shrubs were flawless. And, indeed they were. I vowed to try and do the same once we were settled in our new home; however, reality set in a little. It's not the labor that's difficult, but.... the worms. Ew. I can be a tough cookie in other aspects, but lay little creatures in front of me squirming around and I'll cringe. 

With that said, my wonderful - Mr. Wonderful - husband pulled up his sleeves and got to work on our yard. First, there were three giant bushes that I said "gotsta go!", as Kelly Rowland would put it. They had grown there for over 8 years and did nothing but look ugly. I didn't even capture a "before" photo, they were that hideous, but I sure did snap one of them in the back of the trailer ready to be hauled off! 
[a moment of silence for our old Tahoe... I miss you]
Next, we took a little family trip to Lowe's to grab some mulch, stones and new shrubs. Although, if it were up to our little one, we would have left with every flower they owned. She liked them all! ;)
Now for some progression shots to reveal the outcome!!! Again, I can't take much credit for any of this, other than being a great mulch and shrub picker. My husband certainly has the green thumb over myself.

Before:
 
After:
[[ A round of applause ]]

And that is why he is my Mr. Wonderful. 

Although, this is just a small portion of why he's deserving of such a name. Proud is hardly the description of how I feel. His work ethic - for life, in general - is astounding and admirable. I'm appreciative of his love everyday, and couldn't thank him enough for all he does for our family. He's one of the hardest working people I know.  I love you, Chris - if you're reading this! I'm sure you are... which is just another reason why he's Mr. Wonderful - he supports me, as well. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment