Monday, September 23, 2013

A Vintage Wedding

No crazy shenanigans were encountered this weekend, but it was a special one! My dearest friend, Lindsay, and her fiance unified their love to one another surrounded by family and friends. The rains held off, and the weather was perfect. I was completely overwhelmed by the beauty and grace God shed on this day for the two of them. It was absolutely flawless.
I truly love weddings. I can never get enough of the gooshy, romantic atmosphere that surrounds the day. I'm a serious hopeless romantic; my weakness. Also, the wedding could not have taken place at a more romantic venue; Huber's Lake House. During this fall season, it's great to take advantage of the beautiful outdoor scenery. Simply breathtaking.

Now onto one of my favorite parts of weddings... THE DETAILS. As appropriately titled, Lindsay's decorative inspiration was certainly that of a vintage style. Everything from her dress, to the table decor and especially the cake.
 Unfortunately, I was not able to capture the delicious meal OR my slice of cake, because being that I'm quick to indulge, there was but a second in between placing the plate on the table and shoving the food into my mouth. It was a pleasant sight, I assure you. But the food was indeed delicious.

Towards the end of the night, everyone gathered in a line and awaited the extravagant sparkler exit for the bride and groom; one of my favorite reception exit details. Fortunately, the consumption of adult beverages and use of fire did not cause injuries to anyone. Success.
In closing, I want to say congratulations again to the newlywed couple. Lindsay and Byron, I hope you find unlimited years of happiness together. There's always ups and downs, but with true love and faith you will have the ability to conquer all the obstacles. Have patience with one another; every year is a growing stage together. And more than anything, have fun!! Now that you have your mate-in-life, ENJOY IT and never take the days for granted. :) Best wishes to you both!!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment