Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mama!! ❤

Without getting too philosophical, it's true that we learn a great deal as we grow older. Learning to evaluate our needs vs. wants, and/or recognizing failures and learning from our mistakes. Most importantly, we learn to appreciate people. Although, it's good to appreciate the community around you, I'm talking more personal... like how to appreciate our parents. For some, that never seems to be acknowledged. I know that in these last 28 years of my life, I have found an appreciation for my parents I never truly understood until I became a mother myself. With that said, I want to take a short moment and wish my mama a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)
My mama and I have gone through all the trials and errors as a mother/daughter relationship could encounter; we're not perfect... who is? I admit my selfish acts as a teenager, and my even more outrageous behavior as what I considered an adult; but when I became a mother, I actually understood the reasons behind our disagreements. Our relationship grew closer as each year progressed, and we now have a bond that's very special to me. 

This woman has one of the biggest hearts I know. She sacrifices a lot for me, and my family and very, very, very rarely puts herself before anyone else. Should I even go into how she's the world's best grandmother? ... pardon me... world's best GiGi? ;) 
 
When it comes to this little girl, there is nothing that stands in her way. Her role as a grand--- GiGi, has been nothing short of perfection. Audriana comes first to her, and she ceases any opportunity to be there through every stage of her life. No words could possibly express my gratitude for all her love.

Happy Birthday, Mama!! 
Thank you for all you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment