Sunday, September 1, 2013

Friends, family, food ... and FALL

Not exactly sure how to approach this particular post. It was just something that came upon me in a split second. While eating my lunch, I suddenly realized "...it's already September, which means four weeks from October, MEANING Harvest Homecoming is just around the corner!!!!" Yes, that's about how my thought processing goes... 

For those unfamiliar with Harvest Homecoming... your loss... it's an annual festival here in our little town. Although, the reasoning to why it's so anticipated is every individual's opinion. MINE? Ooooh man. It's all about the food!! I'm not sure how it became any better than any other food festival, but it is certainly #1 in my opinion. Specifically, the chicken and dumplings from Redmen's Club (no link available) has set a permanent place in my heart... and stomach. I assure you a photo does it no justice, but what the heck! Here's the deliciousness I immediately bulls-eye towards every.single.year.  
And to make sure you understand my love for these things is a serious ordeal, here's a typical photo of our usual stock pile on the last day of the festival.
 So you get the idea. I'm a fan.

Another reason I love Harvest Homecoming, is simply because I'm a real sucker for FALL!!! It truly marks fall's arrival; the weather, the food, and of course any and all family oriented events. Festivals are always a great excuse to get the fam together, chow down on great food and enjoy the surroundings/music/you name it. I sound like a real mom right now... but it's true! I love having reasons to meet up with friends and family.  

Here's some fun memories of the past few years at Harvest. For this particular event you don't even have to plan on meeting anyone, because most likely they'll already be there. It's a small town... you WILL see everyone! :)
 Yes, the bottom right photo is the very first day my sweet girl tasted the infamous dumplings! Mommy was not about to let her leave without that experience... and she loved them, as expected. ;) 

Here's some fun past times at Huber's Winery; another fun experience for family and friends during the fall season!!! Wine, cheese, music... and maybe a heavy jacket (borrowed from a friend's dad) when you've under dressed for that cool evening. Ha. It's never failed to be one of my favorite outings. I cannot wait! Although, the wine will have to be set aside this year. 
 And not to mention their infamous pumpkin patch!! We've made that a tradition each year, as well. Audriana was a year old when she picked her first pumpkin, and I cannot believe the age progression in these photos. My how she has grown!! I have to say I love the bottom right photo where she's dominating that caramel apple. Ha! That's my girl.
And my other favorite... fail.

Not only am I looking forward to all the events this fall, but the weather change will certainly be nice! I'm over the heat, and ready for some coats & scarves! We always want what we don't have (come winter, I'll be wishing for warmth and sunshine), but fall has never been a disappointing season... always a pleasure!! 

... 6 more weeks. But who's counting? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment