Monday, September 30, 2013

A bunny and a festival

I wish I had an interesting prologue to lead my evening post, but given the reality that it is indeed the evening, while battling unimaginable sinus pressure, I'm doing my best to just get this thing out there. Not that it's of any less importance, because on the contrary it's about a very proud moment I experienced as a mother. This weekend, my daughter was picked to bring home her class pet!! I don't remember having a pet in our class back in the day, but my husband does. He remembers a gerbil... that apparently bit him. Whether that stands true or not, I'm sure it was a traumatic moment for him - 1, 2, 3... awwww poor Chris. That could explain why now they no longer have live animals, but stuffed ones.

Everyone, say hello to "Berrie Bunny".
When the children bring home Berrie, she comes along with a book, pillow, blanket and a journal. She is to document her adventures with each child. It's really quite adorable, and Audriana could not have been more excited to bring her home! Although, the first thing she did was put her to sleep. Apparently Berrie was in desperate need of a nap. It didn't last long, though. Since my mom picked her up from school (I had a doctor's appt for baby #2; both mommy & baby still healthy) we stayed around GiGi's house for awhile. That being said, there are many toys that remain in the living room, so Audriana had Berrie up and ready to play along! I had to document the adorable moment they were both riding on the horses.
Sadly, I do not have any photos regarding our adventures on Saturday. The entire day was spent prepping for a dinner party we hosted at our house, for my best friend's birthday! No worries, that was documented for certain. Post to follow tomorrow - on her birthday! But by the end of the night, I did capture one of her many sweet moments. Friday and Saturday night, she wanted Berrie to sleep in bed beside her. Too cute for words.
Sunday, was spent at Audriana's preschool where they had their Fall Festival. All families were invited to attend their chapel service, and witness the glorious moment of our preschoolers singing songs! For a couple weeks now, Audriana has been singing a song nonstop (with sign language) so we knew what was to come. However, we certainly did NOT see SOMETHING to come........ Audriana wouldn't go up on stage. She completely froze. My poor girl takes after her mommy in more ways than one, evidently that being stage fright. I wasn't upset, but we were sad she didn't want to participate. She was perfectly content in the pew with Berrie.
Nonetheless, after chapel service she was back into her old self. We spent the afternoon playing games at the Fall Festival. While Audriana stayed busy, Berrie tagged along with mommy in her purse. I imagined she preferred that over being on the floor. Here's a couple candids of Audriana doing her thang while rocking one of the most impressive balloon hats I've ever seen!
  Unfortunately, today we had to send Berrie back to school. Audriana did really well taking care of her; I was really proud. She showed responsibility, as much as one can at 4 years old. Ha. I just love these special moments. "Thanks, Berrie Bunny for making my child feel so special!" .... I'm talking to a stuffed animal. Goodness, I need to get some rest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment