Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Slides and Snow Cones

This Labor Day, we joined some friends at their church picnic, and it was a blast . Coincidentally, so was the heat. Although there was a breeze, so it made for a nice day to get the kids out for some fun!! Fortunately, our friends' youngest daughter is a month apart from Audriana, so they're great playmates. 
The parking lot was full of inflatables, for all different ages; slides, bouncers, boxing ring, and an obstacle course. After a few slides, we headed indoors to get their faces painted; aka air conditioning and potty breaks. I didn't get a photo of the line for the face painting room... my oh my... we waited a good 20 mins, but it was worth it!!!! She was so proud of that thing. ;) 
After a quick lunch, we were back outside and back on the slides! She loved them!! ...but what kids doesn't? I have a few action shots. Pretty priceless, considering her very unique method and form.
She later decided to venture off into some of the other activities, to my surprise. So while hubs fetched us all some more water (and me another hamburger, yes another) she and I headed towards the bigger kid area. I loved seeing her enthusiasm. She was pumped to get into these bigger games. ;)
And just for the record, she made that last shot!! :) We were all cheering!!!!

Last but certainly not least, she ended her success with a delicious snow cone! Mmmm. Who'd have ever known crushed ice with flavored syrup could be such a treat. Yum yum.
 As I mentioned once before, I love these special moments with my family!! Especially, when you can share it with friends. I have to give my husband credit for arranging this outing. I just love him. He's the best. :) 
So blessed for my family!! And can't wait for our next one to finally be here! There's so much that awaits him, he has NO idea. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment