Tuesday, October 8, 2013

DIY Curling Wand

First and foremost, I have to credit this ingenious idea to the one and only Whitney Yoga Pants. I don't know why I feel the need to always combine her name with that of her blog, but it fits together so smoothly. Anyhoo, she once posted a vlog (video blog) about her current hair extensions, and furthermore styled them with her homemade curling wand. Homemade? You get what I mean. Basically, she took a curling iron, and rigged it into a curling WAND. Mind blown. How did I not figure this out before? Immediately, I pulled out my curling iron and began going to work.

Here are the THREE INCREDIBLY SIMPLE steps:

Step 1: Grab your basic curling iron (preferably one willing to be disassembled; not expensive), and a flathead screwdriver.

Step 2: In this case, I was able to simply pop the "resting bar" right out of the sides, and then unscrew each side with the screwdriver; leaving only the spring where the clamp used to set.

Step 3: Using needle nose pliers, I was able to wiggle out the spring from its placement.

And there ya have it! A new curling wand.
Here you can see the beach waves I was able to accomplish with my new and improved tool. Loooooooving it. Oh but please disregard my face; one of those awkward selfie expressions.


No comments:

Post a Comment