Saturday, October 26, 2013

Five Daily Essentials

Today I wanted to share some of the necessities I simply cannot live without! I personally love to read other bloggers' daily essentials. Discovering any new way to keep our natural beauty at its finest is definitely a priority to this gal. 

Although there are a couple of my own that may be more "enhancers" (eye and brown pencil), they're light and subtle. I don't always wear foundation or mascara, but this eye liner is definitely something I use to help lift and brighten those tired eyes in the morning. Also, the brow pencil/gel helps keep the shape of your natural brows. I'm sure we can all agree those things can get a little out of control when we roll out of bed. 

For my lips, if it's not moisturizing lipstick, it's this. I can't go a day without it. But be careful; a little goes a long way. A little dab-will-do-ya, as they sayI tend to research many products before ever purchasing, and discovered that most chapsticks do more harm than good. Interesting. But I'm not here to shed bad light on any other products, just stating facts that I swear by most of these products from trial and error. Recently, I read (over at Style Me Swanky) of another product that seemed to be a top priority to her. I may venture out one day to test it out. Until then, again I swear by this lip therapy vaseline.  

For solid moisture everywhere else, especially my hands, I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion. I have gone through many many others, but this has probably been my most reliable. It's non-greasy formula leaves you refreshed and ready for the day! I know, I could have just been paid for some serious advertising.

Last, but not least - definitely not the bit least - is my ever so dependable face wash. When I say I have experimented with all face washes, I mean ALL. From the highly advertised Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, etc. to the all natural Yes To brands. I'm educated enough to know better than to switch brands on and off within a couple months; these were all tested throughout my 20s. The only one that worked? Proactiv. I wash my face morning and night - no exceptions. I have pretty acne prone skin, so I literally don't skip a day of washing. However, I don't always use the entire 3 Step series; just Step 1 and the brush. That brush is amaaaaaaazing.

So there ya have it. My daily essentials. What are some of yours? Please share! Like I said, I love discovering new products. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment