Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting Crafty

Along with photography, art has always been one of my favorite hobbies. I'm not necessarily the most talented, but I enjoy any chance I get to get messy with some paint. Awhile back my husband took me to a wine & canvas joint, and I had the time of my life; not to mention sharing it with my hubby was a real perk.

But this isn't about Pinot & Picasso.

This is about sharing the fun of arts & crafts with my baby girl! Well, not so much a baby anymore. Now that Audriana is getting older, we have been getting pretty crafty with all sorts of things. I'm loving the fact that she can pick out her own colors, and just let go!! Although it may seem to be a mess, it's all about the fun! And it certainly has been just that.

My mother-in-law loves getting Audriana the cutest crafts, and usually going along with the current holiday. Better believe I dive right in and join the fun!! Some of the most recent items she's crafted are a scarecrow, pumpkins, and a couple cute Halloween figurines; cat & owl witch. Audriana is gracious enough to allow me one of the items, so as displayed you can see hers and mine.
Recently we painted pumpkins, and my oh my was that... a mess. Ha. Of course it's all fun, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a little over protective. Hints the table cover, and over excessive amount of paper towels. And yes, the last photo is my attempt to make a spider on our baby's pumpkin. Audriana wanted to make sure her baby brother's pumpkin was festive... I did my best.
 Lastly, we painted an assortment of randomness. She was in the painting mood, so we went with it! The few others we put together were done with nothing more than a sharpie, paint brushes, and paper plates!
 She's such an artist! ;) I'm loving this age where she is so independent, and I can enjoy her artistic individuality. Although they're bittersweet moments. My little girl is growing up so quickly before my very eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment