Monday, October 14, 2013

Harvest Festivals ::look book::

Well here we are three post days later. I'm getting quite good with that. Although, the excuse is exceptional if I do say so myself. As mentioned, this weekend was full of festivities and began on Thursday! Needless to say, I am exhausted. Nevertheless, the weekend was incredible and I'd relive it all over again. Except for the fact that I may or may not have gotten sick from all the food... literally, sick. Not that the food was by any means intolerable, just my stomach's intolerance to the over consumption. Moving on! I'm excited to share some of the highlights of this weekend. Given the amount of photos I gathered, I decided on a few look book collages. Get ready for a photo overload.

The following consists of the line for dumplings, our lunch after waiting in said line, Jess and her roasted corn on the cob, the children and the freaky pumpkin that Audriana was obsessed with, and lastly me and my girl.
A successful afternoon!
Next is our second day, split into two occasions. Earlier in the afternoon, Audriana and I met up with Jess, my mom, aunt, mother-in-law, sister-in-law. We had the usual for lunch (yes, more dumplings) and then enjoyed a few games for the little one. She attempted at the race car game, got some cotten candy and a balloon (a pretty sweet gumball machine) and lastly made her first sand art!
Second half (me in new attire, given I sweat my butt off that morning - hot!) we went back down for our last venture around the booths. Along for the final night was Chris, Audriana, my parents, my aunt and uncle. We like to make sure we take up the whole street when we walk through the crowds. Ha. Well no dumplings were consumed for this occasion, given we just had them that afternoon, but don't you worry, we already stocked up and had them in the fridge at home. This time around we enjoyed some roasted corn, pumpkin ice cream (not pictured), and apple dumplings. Mmmmm.
That concludes our Harvest Homecoming adventures!! Did you see the size of that cup? Those were the apple dumplings. Seriously, it's no wonder why my stomach ached this weekend. All worth it, though.

Next was our adventure to Gallrein Farms for another family festival. We're talking trains, hay rides, pumpkin patch, hay stack pyramids, face painting, bounce house, and pony rides - to name a few. It's open to the general public, but my husband's work reserved an area for their private party. Thank goodness for that, because in most cases that means clean bathrooms. I celebrate those little perks given my frequent potty breaks.

So moving forward from my pregnancy blatter nonsense. Here are some photos I was able to capture of our family fun day. It was a looooooong afternoon (1pm-6pm) but we survived! First we made our way to the pumpkin patch. There we found one for mommy & Papa Chris, then two of the smallest pumpkins I've ever seen for Audriana and her baby brother. :)
Next we had some lunch, and awaited the raffle drawing for prizes. No winners here, but we didn't walk away empty handed. Having children always means some sort of goodie bag. So a few candy bars later, we were now on to the general public area for more fun! 
Here the girls rode on a John Deer train, got their faces painted, rumbled around on hay stacks, and Audriana experienced her first horseback ride by herself - while I nearly had a heart attack.
So like I said... what a weekend!!! Luckily after a good bath and early bedtime, babygirl and I slept in till around 8am this morning. Much needed, at least for me. She was up and at it, ready to paint her and her brother's pumpkin! So that's on our agenda today. Oh yea, check out the size of this baby pumpkin.




They always say to count your blessings, and I certainly do everyday. I'm grateful for the opportunities God allows for days like these; beautiful weather, the gathering of friends and family. This weekend could not have been more perfect, and I find myself speechless in ways to describe my happiness.

I love my family, and I cherish these moments together. Tomorrow is never promised, so we should always be grateful for the current moments we embark on and take advantage of enjoying every second. He is good to us, and not a day goes by where I forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment