Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Halloween costumes: Clever or Creepy?

Well, it's here! OCTOBER! Officially FALL, meaning everything under that category applies: boots, scarves, pumpkin flavored everything, Harvest Homecoming, pumpkin patch, and a whole lot of PSL from Starbucks. Oh yea, and Halloween. How can I forget that? Not that I'm an avid Halloween fanatic, but it's certainly the main staple of October.
I've never been a big participant in dressing up. Sure the cutesy outfit here or there, but never detailed get-ups like most. Don't judge me, it's not for everyone; aka me. Regardless, given the festive aroma this month brings, I couldn't help but research some ideas for maternity costumes. The discoveries were quite interesting, and I wound up with images I may never be able to erase. To name a few, but not limited to...
I'm not sure if the first two are clever, or seriously creepy???? I wouldn't have thought of that myself, so I can at least give them credit to a unique idea. As for the last photo, I'm not really sure what to make of it. But I'm not here to pass judgement. :)

Then my curiosity got the best of me, and I began searching ideas for family costumes. My oh my. Again, I'm not sure what category these fall under. I'll leave that up to you.
 Hmm.... nope. No words.

Although, I did stumble across a few VERY clever, and adorable family costumes that sure take the cake. If I had the ability, the sewing ability, I would definitely organize a cute family ensemble each year! Chris should thank his lucky stars; who knows what I'd think of! Check these out.
  I don't care who you are, the Napoleon Dynamite family wins HANDS DOWN!!!!!!! Kudos.

Well, that's all I have for today folks. Again, I'm not a big Halloween guru, but I'm always anxious to see the costumes each year. Thankfully, we don't have any parties to attend otherwise I'd probably end up with one of these.


Or go all Jessica Simpson on everyone, as a "mummy". Truthfully, it's cute. I have to admit.

1 comment: