Thursday, October 10, 2013

Harvest is here!

Well folks, the time has come. Our town's annual festival is here!!! It's the week anticipated year after year. Literally, once the week is over I set a countdown for the next one. It's that serious. My husband kids me all the time, apologizing that he doesn't share the same thrill for this holiday (it should be). Nonetheless, he joins me on my food fest. Deep inside, I know he loves it too. Who can't?!?!

What makes this festival so special to me, is the overload of delicious food options and the inevitable reunion of old classmates; sometimes pleasant, sometimes not. For me I always enjoy seeing new/old faces, so I'd say it's a pleasant encounter. I can't wait to share the details of this weekend with everyone!

There will be an overindulgence of chicken & dumplings, sweet roasted corn, pumpkin ice cream, and apple dumplings; just to name a few. Mmm I just had breakfast and my mouth's still watering.
1/2/3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment