Friday, November 22, 2013

From Three to Four

When you first glance at that positive pregnancy test, immediately you think... "really? no way." For me, nothing but excitement came into play in those first few moments, because we were actually trying. So by all means, it was more like "EEEEKKKK!!!!! FINALLY!!!!". Even announcing it, our daughter was just as surprised and happy. Although she was just shy of her 4th birthday [secrets not being her strong suit] so we didn't tell her close until the time we were ready to announce it to the rest of the world.

When we DID tell her, as expected she told everyone she ran into; whether or not it was in the right context.

Person: "Does someone have a birthday soon?"

Audriana: "... I'm going to be a big sister!"

Person: "How old are you going to be?"

Audriana: "...big sister."

That's about as accurate as her conversations were with anyone. She's very excited. And I'm thinking the age gap between the two is going to be just right. She's old enough that she gets it, and wants to be my big helper. By all means!! The reality that I'm about to have t-t-t-two kids is beginning to set in. Whoa.

Two kids. 

My first thought of two kids was initially... 
 
But then there are moments like these that leave me comforted...
She's ready to be a big sister, and I'm sure she will be will great with her baby brother. My mind still wonders how in the world some parents attain the ability [and sanity] to raise more than two! On a recent vacation outing, I witnessed multiple families of no less than 4 or 5 children. FIVE! I don't even think my brain can comprehend that reality. Not even  mentioning some of our grandparents who come from families of over 8. I praise those parents. God bless ya!!

The comparison of my first pregnancy to my second hasn't been too different. Although, this one has flown by quite quickly. I remember when I was pregnant with Audriana, each day passed about as quickly as molasses. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that I was able to savor in every month my belly changed. This time, I feel like my belly has grown over night. I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can, but I'm pretty sure Audriana's keeping me so busy that I'm distracted from even the subtle changes. Don't mistake that for not feeling the stretching, and constant ninja kicks going on every hour. I'm very well aware of those. I'm just finding myself at 33 weeks, wondering where the time has gone!!

I feel like I'm rambling. Am I rambling? 

I guess what I was originally trying to say is that I might not feel ready, but I know it'll be just fine when the time comes. Regardless, I'll take comfort in knowing it's normal to freak out if need be.


Mmm... chocolate.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of family, it's making me miss my husband. With these coming months being the most demanding, his absent becomes more frequent due to long hours in the office and mostly traveling. BUT he comes home today!!!! So this is to convey my serious excitement to see him!!!!!!!!!!! Xoxoxo

To my lover,

1 comment:

  1. Love this, I think the age difference is a good one, too!!!! :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete