Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Daughter's Taking Me To Paris

Recently when my daughter stayed with my parents, I learned that it's not only about two-ice-cream-cones-before-bed, but that traveling destinations seem to arise in conversation. Apparently, there was a discussion about going to Paris, France. Umm, I'm in! But before getting ahead of myelf here, maybe I should break it down as to how this conversation came about.

Between my four year old daughter and her Gigi (my mother):

Mom reading Audriana a book...

Mom: See that picture on the wall? 

Audriana: Mmm hmm. What is that?

Mom: That's the Eiffel Tower.

Audriana: The fiffil tower? What is the fiffil tower?

Mom: It's in Paris, France.

Dad in the background... "Who wants to go to Paris, France?!"

Audriana: I wanna go to Paris, France!

Mom: Oh, no Paris is more for grown ups not children. (Nice, mom)

Audriana's eyes fill with tears, she lays her head down and sobs. 

Mom: .....what's wrong sweetie???

Audriana (still sobbing): I want to go to Pairs, France...... (sobbing continues)

Mom: Well, maybe Pop (my dad) will take you some day!!

Audriana (sniffling): .......ok.

This is where it was decided that I was partaking in this little Euro-trip. Oh, did I not mention that I actually invited myself? Ok, well I did. So this is how that went:

Audriana: Mommy! Pop's going to take me to Paris, France!

ME: I'm sorry, what?

Audriana: Pop is taking me to Paris, France!

Looking back a dad, he smiles with that expression "yea, that's what I told her" ....

ME: Well, Audriana let me tell you something ... (sternly pointing my finger) ... you can't fly all that way by yourself, so you tell your Pop that mommy has to come with you. Understand?

Audriana: Yes ma'am.

And that folks, is how I weaseled myself into this not yet dated trip to Paris, France. Although I have to credit my daughter for coordinating it all. The tears? Well played, my dear. Well played.

1 comment: