Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Shade of the Week

Since it's been some time now, I decided to allow my inner nail technician to take over and get a little crazy with some new colors. I say crazy, but all I mean is jumping into a fad I never thought I'd be part of. I've never tried to get into too many fads, given sometimes they are just that and the world will soon be moving on to something new. Remember the feather extensions?
Are people still wearing these? I'm not a fashion expert, so I can't really say if it's here or gone. All I know is that I don't see it too often anymore. Which is my point. A fad.

So where am I going with this. I'm leading into the nail polish fad that's exploded in the fashion industry. Although, nail art isn't really something new. I remember some pretty tacky designs back when I was in high school. However, the nail fad these past couple years have been to polish all nails one color while painting one or two others a different shade. And NOW, it seems to be all about the design of said different-shaded-finger. They are so creative, you never know what people will think of next.
So again, getting to the point. I have decided to dip into this newish nail fad, and see what it's all about. I have always had a creative bone in me, but it's not something that just comes out naturally. I have to be inspired. Well folks, yesterday I was inspired. By who you may ask? My best friend, Jess. Ha! Not that that's funny, but to no surprise we were thinking about doing this new nail trend at the same time. It just took  a short conversation of "I think I might do this..." "oh yea, I was thinking of doing it too!". And that was it.

So here we are.

The products I used for my nail fad trial experience, was none other than my good ol friend, Sally Hansen
For my ringer finger (right), I used Complete Salon Manicure Earl Gray 320 and the design was made with Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear White On 300. 

For all other nails (left), I used Complete Salon Manicure Commander In Chic 290.

Being that I'm right handed, I was easily able to polish my left hand with no hassle. So I decided to paint one hand, and share it with you! But please, bare with me. Have you ever taken a hand picture before? Unless you're obsessively marveled at your own hand, I doubt you have. It's awkward. Do I hold the nail polish bottle? Do I just lay them flat on the table? Bad angle/good angle. This is the best I could do.
Amateur, I know. But hey it was fun.

Now go link up with one of my newest faves.
Glossy Blonde

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Totally posted Tuesday! I am equally terrible at shooting pictures of my hands. It always looks so awkward!

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete