Friday, November 22, 2013

Green Thumbs Down

In my mind, I strive to be the all around domestic housewife:
Ironing - ✓   Dishes - ✓   Laundry - ✓   Sewing - ✓   Cleaning - ✓   Mopping - ✓   etc......

But I have come to the realization, that there is one thing I have numerously tried to accomplish, yet failed miserably.

I do not have a green thumb.
[womp, womp]

Although I have always imagined having some sort of eden in my backyard, the reality of that happening isn't looking so bright. I just can't seem to keep those darn things alive!!!! I mean really, all it takes is a little water, sunshine and maybe a little lovin' right? But no. They are guaranteed to die on my watch. 
Embarrassing.

I know that we're approaching winter, and all plants meet their maker at some point. But I guess I could still do the courteous thing and throw them out... [sigh] ...my mom and mother-in-law [both green thumbers] would be so disappointed. 

If raising children were based on the liveliness of your garden, God may have second guessed my ability to have any. Lets be glad that's not the case. 

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone, I do not have a green thumb either. The only thing I can keep alive is the weeds in my yard :)

    ReplyDelete