Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What's In A Name? ... THANKS, HELENE!!

This has been something I've been battling for a little while now, and as luck would have it - believing things happen for a reason -  I came across this post from Helene In Between. She could not have put my stress at ease any better, and give me that boost I needed to get it done! What is it you ask, that has had me so unraveled? The dreaded... SHOULD I CHANGE MY BLOG NAME OR NOT?!! Yes, it may seem miniscule to most, but at the time being it is something that I've been contemplating, and weighing heavily on my mind for some time now.

I agree with Helene that we begin our blogs with an initial purpose, and all seems to flow steadily for awhile. My recent blog name A Little Bit of This and That suited me just fine, because that is exactly what my blog is about - a little bit of everything; this and that. But I wanted something a little more clever, and more importantly, shorter. So I brainstormed here and there for things that fit into something short and sweet that described ME. And as clever as I like to think I am sometimes and what my initial blog name may have consisted of, I wanted to incorporate part of my own name into the title. Thus generating: Merrily Mee.

You know when things just fit? Well, that's how it felt when I put these two words together. As I mentioned before, "Mee" derives from my Korean name and the word "merrily" simply means happy. And that is my life. No it's not perfect, and that's certainly not what I'm trying to imply. But for the most part, I am content and happily enjoy life; with the good and bad that comes along with it! I would still describe my blog as an "assortment of my life's adventures", just sharing it with a new name! ;)

My sweet little blog has not yet ran a year's course, and while I'm just beginning to accumulate followers I thought it would be a good idea to make the change now - rather than later. I'm hoping to keep things flowing as such, and that the name change doesn't make much of a difference. Here's hoping!

1 comment: