Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Yes, I'm aware we are approaching afternoon hours here, but this mama had a busy morning! I am usually more prepared with a quick post to keep things flowing, but not today... wutduhyado. This weekend was quite a busy one as well, with less than a few pictures to share. But nonetheless, I'll share what I have!

Friday night, the hubs and I spent the evening with my bestie and her husband. After making a quick grocery run, Jess picked me up at the house and we headed on up to her abode to save us from having two cars later that night; he was driving straight in from work. Although I only have two photos of that evening, I can surely vouch that we ate more than salad. The typical mistake of a blogger I'm almost always guilty of; start a photo stream... and then stop somewhere when the ADD kicks in. If by chance you're curious, we started out with some shrimp cocktail, salads, and a creamy mushroom chicken dish for our entree. Oh yea, and brownies for dessert (complimentary of her husband, Blake). It was a really fun night! Not done often enough. We'll have to schedule another very soon!
Saturday morning, my mother and I scheduled a girls road trip to watch the Providence volleyball team in the semi-state!!! I could not have been more excited; as we know, after sharing a bit of our own high school history the other day. The stands were full, and the team's dads had their Duck Dynasty themed gear on to get the crowd roaring and cheer the girls on into the finals! Yes... THE FINALS!!! The team swept through the semi-state matches and are on their way to the State Championship game this coming weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one game I can't believe I am going to miss, as we are leaving out of town for the week. I'm devastated to think we won't be there to see it .... this is the year, the year they will make it, I just know it... and I'm going to miss it. :'(  Serious tears here.

After witnessing the best team in the state, it was time to head back home because that evening my husband and I had dinner reservations. We were celebrating our ONE YEAR anniversary! Although, the actual day wasn't until Sunday, we decided to celebrate it a day earlier. No expensive steakhouse this time around. We decided to make it special by going to one of our secret (not so secret now) spots, that served our absolute favorite... sushi. Mmmmm. And let me tell you, it hit the spot! It does every time, but this time was more special given the occasion. ;) We topped it off with some cuddles and a movie, just the two of us. A perfect night.

Well, that was pretty much the gist of our weekend! Sunday morning we went to church, then relaxed that afternoon until dinner that evening with family. A perfect weekend if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

  1. Happy One Year! That is so exciting! There is no better way to celebrate than with a sushi date!! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Yes sushi is always a great way to celebrate any occasion! ;) Thanks for stopping by! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete