Sunday, November 3, 2013

ONE YEAR AGO...

I married my best friend.

He's not only that, but an amazing step-father to my daughter (our daughter). To begin the infinite list of qualities this man withholds, would leave you reading for days. He's truly an exceptional human being. Throughout the beginning of our relationship, he knew that I wasn't looking for only a friend, but a partner in life. And after life's obstacles leading up to this point, I wasn't looking for just anyone. I wasn't in this alone. Another life was also being taken into account; Audriana's. A "packaged deal" as I liked to call it. 

As we grow up, we learn the importance of one's morals and values; how crucial they are when applied to a relationship and marriage. With my own life reevaluated, I was determined to not settle for anything less than what my daughter and I deserved; loyalty, respect, and happiness. It's funny how God answers those prayers the moment you least expect it. By His grace, and mercy, He presented to me a piece of Himself in the flesh... Chris.
Not a day goes by that I don't thank him for all he does for our family. He works hard, but even at its most demanding moments he never ceases to put his family anywhere else but first. From the beginning, he stepped up to the role of a loyal husband and father figure without hesitance. And for that I am forever grateful. He's a good man, who dedicates all he can to make sure our family is well and taken care of. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to have him as my husband. We aren't perfect, and there are days that challenge our patience - as any marriage consists of - but we have learned to work at it as a team; together.

On this very day, last year, I will never forget the butterflies I endlessly endured the entire day. Just the thought of marrying the love of my life, finally making this fairytale a reality, was simply overwhelming. But luckily with my best friends by my side, we managed to get through the morning with nothing but laughs and excitement; rarely feeling nervous.

The girls and I had stayed the night downtown, at The Brown Hotel, so it altered as our dressing room the day of the wedding. My photographer, and good friend, was there to capture every developing moment. Her and I agreed we loved the historical architecture this hotel provided, not to mention the colors of the hotel were closely parallel to those of my wedding party. Win, win! 

But of course, the materialistic aspect is only a detail of miniscule importance. Today was the day I would vow my love and devotion to Chris, and we would unite together as one. 

When it came down to the moment of seeing him, we originally wanted to keep it as traditional as possible. However, we decided we wanted to have that special moment to ourselves before presenting it to an audience. Just me and him. And so we did. One of the best photographs captured that day, was the moment I walked out to greet my future husband.   

My thoughts a that time were of everything you could think of. "There's the love of my life... the proof of God's being and love... this man is about to be mine forever... I wonder if he's as nervous as I am... I hope I don't trip... Do we kiss yet or wait until the ceremony... OMGosh, this is reality...Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry..." 

That's really about the extreme of my momentary thoughts at that time. I was overwhelmed with emotion I couldn't control. It's crazy to think that a year has already flown by so quickly. The adventures along the way were nothing as I expected. They were so much more. Shortly after the wedding we moved into a house, renovated it from top to bottom, and now here we are with a baby on the way. In between all of that, we have grown so much as a couple. The loyalty, respect and happiness I longed for, has been well over exceeded by this man. I love him, I love him, I love him. 

Chris, thank you for the years of your love. You never fail to make to me laugh when I need it, or when I least expect it! You're truly the light in my life, and my rock when I need strength. I always see God in you, when you step up to be there for Audriana in every way you can. It's an honorary role you've accustomed with an open heart, and magnitude. THANK YOU, for that. I love you so much, with every ounce of my being. 

My angel, my love... you are.

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post!! Wishing y'all many more years of happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much! That's incredibly kind of you. :)

      Delete