Saturday, November 9, 2013

Providence STATE FINAL Championship!

I promise this will be the last time I mention my high school history, and Providence volleyball. I like to use the "scratch out", because it makes me feel less guilty of a fib. I don't like fibbing. It's only in those rare occasions when Audriana asks me where the chocolate is, and I tell her it's gone aka I ate it. But that is completely irrelevant to my thoughts on today. So let's just leave it at the scratched out promise, accept it and move on.

TODAY is the day. The day that our girls will heading to Indianapolis, to play in the CHAMPIONSHIP STATE FINALS match.
I just got goosebumps.

As mentioned more elaborately here (by my fellow volleyball teammate, and friend), the meaning behind this match is more than what's on the surface.

Yes, they had a good season.
Yes, they are an incredible team.
Yes, this is special because it's the final match of the season.

But this is the match that's finally come for our dearest Coach. After 14 years of coaching, teaching, guiding, listening, preaching, and 3+ trips to semi-state in her career... she deserves this more than anyone I know. And TODAY IS THE DAY. I wish so badly we could be there to witness this (guaranteed) victory. I don't want to jinx them, but I strongly believe that a jinx can only be casted on people who believe in luck. This my friends, is not about luck. These girls have it, mentally and physically. When it rests in the hearts, the victory is soon to come.

Good luck today, lady Pioneers!!!! I'm cheering for you, even miles away!!!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment