Wednesday, November 20, 2013

We Are The Champions!!

Since I formatted last weeks' blog posts prior to the occasion, I am behind on formally [blog] celebrating one of the most exciting news in our volleyball history. Our PHS girls did it.

THEY DID IT!!!
I credit this photo to my good friend and old teammate, Jessica! You can also catch up on more of the state final details over on her page!

This was a moment I knew was bound to happen. I just knew it! I mentioned that quite a few times here. Unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts, I was not able to attend the event. That was a real upset!! A stream of text messages were coming through every other minute from my best friend who was lucky enough to witness it all firsthand. So as I sat in my car, on the road, I waited... point by point.

That was until my amazing, never disappointing husband whipped out the laptop and found the LIVE STREAM airing the State Final Championship game!!! Now I was watching the game for myself.

I don't know what was worse. Waiting for a text message of scores, or actually watching it live! I seriously thought the anxiety was going to put me into labor.

The girls had taken over the first two games easily, but [a winning match being 3 out of 5] they now needed this third game to finish it.

Point by point, rally by rally, I found myself clinching the seats, covering my eyes, hollering at random. Chris was not appreciative of my antics. I don't blame him. But I couldn't help it. I was on edge, ready for that final point that I just knew was going to happen. They were going to finish this in three. I just KNEW IT.

But when that match point finally came, I was not prepared for my overwhelming emotions.

I just cried.

These girls finally did it for our program. After numerous trips to the state finals, coming up short, these girls were bringing home the championship title! Anyone who has ever been part of this program would understand that overwhelming pride that set in the moment those girls received their medals.

Especially, our Coach.

Arms clenched, face full of emotion. It was the exact image I could have imagined if I hadn't seen it for myself. I just know in that moment she was proud; not just of her girls or for herself, but for the entire program.

I think the most emotional part for me was that there. Seeing her finally get that championship medal.

The medal she so heavily deserved.

This was a moment that was special to not only the most recent years of the program, but as far back to the past 10+ [one of them being our own team].

Congratulations, Providence!!! PHS!!! PHS!!!

1 comment: