Saturday, November 30, 2013

Not Like The Grammys. But Sort Of.

Today I feel pretty special. Not like the last time I felt special. This time I REALLY do feel special. [blushing]

It was brought to my attention that I have been nominated for the Sunshine Award! I've never been nominated for anything. Gotta say it's a good feeling.

It's a great way for new bloggers to get exposure by sharing some info about themselves, while also introducing other blogs we believe deserve equal recognition.

Thank you, Ms. Tammy for the nomination!! You're so sweet. I appreciate the love!! Xoxo

So here's how it goes. I'm given 11 questions to answer. I give 11 random facts about myself [that should be interesting]. Then I nominate 11 other bloggers; alerting them via post comment.

Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I've always enjoyed journaling, but was recently inspired to take it a step further! It's fun to jot down whatever you're thinking, and realize there's other people out there that think on your same level of weirdness.
2. Favorite holiday?
Christmas. I am sooooo looking forward to these next weeks ahead.
3. Favorite holiday tradition?
Decorating the tree with my mom. We turn on old classic Christmas songs [Nysyc, Mariah Carey, etc.] and sing along while hanging the lights and ornaments. There's really nothing like it.
4. What is one thing that you could do over and over?
Nights when my family gets together and we play games. It's hilarious, and absolutely priceless.
5. Dream job?
My current job [stay-at-home mama] but with income. That'd be phenomenal. 
6. What does your Christmas tree "theme" this year?
Traditional. That's every year. We do the multicolor lights, with random ornaments. BUT! In our next house [where we'll have more room] we'll definitely have a "themed" tree. A food tree. Yes! I can't wait.
7. Favorite Drink?
I drink a lot of water, so that often limits me to exploring the richness of flavored beverages. But if I had to pick one of my go-to drinks, it's Snapple Peach Tea. LOVE it.
8. Ice cream or Cake?
Cake. 
9. Did you participate in Black Friday? If so did you find any good deals?
I did last year. Which is why I chose NOT to this year. Ha. 
10. Favorite store?
Target. I would say something like H&M or Nordstroms, but that list could go on forever. I couldn't choose just one. Target on the other hand is simple to say "I love everything in it; clothes, home goods, etc.".
11. If you had an unlimited amount of limit on a credit card and you didn't have to pay anything back where would you go?
I would take my whole family and travel. Travel, travel, travel. Anywhere and everywhere.

11 Random Facts:
1. I often ask my husband the name of a pop song [that's likely been on the radio for months] because the only tunes in my car is the Disney Princesses soundtrack.
2. "Selena" is my favorite movie.
3. I don't like meat in my pastas. In those cases, I'd rather fill up on the pasta than the protein. Diet fail.
4. I've been to Disneyworld 25 times.
5. I love the whole month of December = birthday celebrations and Christmas!
6. I love coffee... to a sad extent..
7. My daughter is truly the light of my world.
8. My husband is my #1 best friend.
9. I have an OCD of labels facing forward. 
10. I iron everything. Even my gym clothes.
11. I manicure my nails at least once a week.

Majority of the following are not new to the blogging world; most of them are well known. Sadly, I don't always have the time to explore new up and coming blogs, but these are all good reads!! I promise. Check them ALL out. With that said, my list of nominees would most definitely be:

Katie @ BlueDaisy in the Bluegrass
Jessica @ Little Miss Sunshine
Karly @ Karly Kim: Good Enough To Read
Helene @ Helene In Between
Amanda @ Rhyme & Ribbons
Megan @ Style Me Swanky
Kaitlyn @ Wifessionals
Nikki @ Cupcakes For Breakfast
Meggan @ Trying To Make Fetch Happen
Shannon @ Page Twenty-Two
Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

11 QUESTIONS for my nominees:
1. What do you enjoy doing in your free time? [if that exists in your life; mine is rare]
2. You might need a drink after this. What's your usual drink of choice?
3. What's your go-to snack?
4. Favorite movie?
5. Favorite designer? [fashion]
6. What was your most accomplishing moment in your life?
7. Most embarrassing moment?
8. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
9. Worst pick-up line you've experienced?
10. What's one piece of jewelry you never leave the house without?
11. Say you just won a free, all inclusive vacation... Where would you go? 

Get to it ladies!! But don't forget to follow up with 11 random facts about yourself, and to nominate 11 bloggers you feel deserve some recognition. Much love to you all!!

2 comments:

  1. Whoop! Congrats on being nominated! Disneyworld 25 times?Ahh I'm so jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Loved reading all of your answers :)

    ReplyDelete