Thursday, November 7, 2013

What's In My Bag? House Keys That Aren't Mine.

This post was inspired by the fabulous Whitney Yoga Pants. After crossing paths with this idea multiple times - spotting it in gossip mags, but never apply them to a future blog post. Fail - I thought I'd finally test it out and see what I would discover in my own bag. Although this is my everyday purse, I don't know if this was the right time to capture what I had inside because my purse is recently new, only about two weeks old! I know I accumulate more junk after a few months time, but when it's new you always try your best to keep it as "together" as possible.

Nonetheless, I did this little project and sure enough there were still quite a few unnecessary items I was shocked to find. Whether it was makeup products, trash, or my daughter's candy, I laid it all out there to share. Here's what I discovered, in bulk.

My key chain only consists of my gym passes, and two house keys that do not coordinate to my own. I don't even have my car keys attached. What's the point? Then of course, the empty wrapper of my Luna bar (new obsession, Chocolate Peppermint Stick), I'm assuming because there was no trash can in sight at the time. I'm pretty good with throwing my trash away; not that this photo is doing that truth any good. And to no surprise, extra bobby pins in case you need that last second fix up.

Also in the mix is my fun size wallet (love that thing, so light and convenient), and my little red card holder; a gift from my mother-in-law. It consists of everything from store charge cards, to our Zoo membership card, etc. It's quite handy! Not sure why I'm holding on to my recent Target receipt. Probably keeping it as a reminder as to why I need to stay away from that store!!!! Every time I go in for ONE thing, I come out with everything but that one item. It never fails. My husband is just as bad, if not worse. The funny thing... the final items purchased aren't even for ourselves. They're for the kids! I guess that makes us feel a little less guilty. Target, you are my weakness.
Of course, everyone needs two lipsticks, along with lip therapy vaseline. Just in case you aren't pleased with one of the two shades, you can always just go natural. Or just pick ONE and leave the others home right? Right. Although, as I said in a previous post, I usually don't go anywhere without my lip therapy vaseline. No excuse for the lipstick. Moving forward.

The few things I didn't find unusual or unnecessary were my cuticle cream, lotion and hand sanitizer. As obsessed as I am with my nails, I always like to have something near by for some upkeep on-the-go; hints the cuticle cream. I cannot stand when my hands are dry, so my miniature Aveeno is my bestest friend in those times of need. The sanitizer, duh. I have a child, aka germs all day-errr-day. These products usually jump from purse to purse. Although, I have about 4 of those small Aveeno lotions, so they are already in every other purse. Yes, I'm that person.

Last, but not least you can see I like to keep a little back-ups for my daughter. Crayons are always a great tool when we're out to eat, and the sucker or princess snacks (as she likes to call them) are for any other occasion when I feel the need to praise her. Although, I'm not sure why they're in a baggie. I really don't remember putting them in one, but that's how I found it. Who knows.

So that's it! That's what was in my bag. Nothing too exciting, but it was interesting to see that even after a week or two of owning a new purse, it doesn't take much time to fill it with nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment