Sunday, November 24, 2013

A BIG Day for Mee

Today, I am getting baptized.

When I was 7 years old, I remember being baptized alongside my grandfather. Although it was a special moment, I didn't really understand the purpose. I knew it was something I needed to do in order to show my belief and loyalty to our Savior, but never did I really understand it.

Twenty years later, I experienced some pretty life changing events. To read more on that, you can find that here. At this point in my life, I now know what it means to live a life by God. After some grueling trial and fails errors, I chose to turn my life around and live on the path He chose for me. Thus, introducing me to my husband. From there, He continued to provide blessings all around. My daughter was continuing to grow beautifully and healthy... and now we are expecting a son. I could not have imagined this reality if you asked me about it years ago. I am so grateful.

As an adult, I've chosen to get re-baptized with a better understanding of what it is about. I now know the grace of God, and the forgiveness of our sins he provided to us through Christ. Throughout these recent years, I've really come to know myself and practice - EVERYDAY - at being the woman God intended when He created me.

The feeling I have today is unexplainable.

Thank you, Lord, for second chances.

1 comment:

  1. that is so awesome! I was baptized at like 6 months. I've always wanted to be born-again

    ReplyDelete