Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Day I Realized I Have Super Powers

That's right. I have a secret.

I'm not just Megan, behind this blog. I'm special. (Yes, we know).

No I don't mean this special...
I mean THIS special.
That's right. [collar pop] According to this list, it applies to all moms that can do this...
Except for me, it's really about as glamorous as this...
Nonetheless, I can do it and that considers me a supermom which makes ME special. [insert childish banter, nana nana boo boo].

Of course depending on the source, some would define "supermom" as a mother who can hold down the kids, dog, house chores, while also managing a full-time employment. I agree... to an extent. And yes, this is coming from a stay-at-home mom. Without going into a debate about how stay-at-home moms don't actually work (really, let's not go there) I think the title of "supermom" applies to ANY mom who has children, laundry, dishes, pets, a house to clean, no maid, and still puts dinner on the table for the family by 6:30pm. If you're an employed mom, then I would certainly credit you for having that extra brain power to deal with that on the side of everything else. However, I don't think it distinguishes the challenge of one mom to the other. Because trust me, it's no easy job having your children at your feet while doing said laundry, dishes, house chores, grocery shopping, dinner, etc.

No one mom is better than the other. The end. We are all special. 

So back to my gloating...

No comments:

Post a Comment